The Medigas Celebrity Classicis a non profit charitableorganization. Proceeds from this annual event support children that face physical challenges. It also assists young students in the advancement of their health care studies, during their pursuit of post secondary education. Previously this annual event was operated as the Rick Meagher Charity Golf Classic and it was originally established in 1988.
After 29 years and thanks to generous donations and money raised from the annual tournament, over $2,700,000 has been raised. Helping to support the needs of children with physical challenges in the Quinte area.
- Belleville Dialysis
- Belleville General Hospital Children's Treatment Centre
- Belleville Rotary Club Special Children's Fund
- Belleville YMCA Challenger Baseball
- Belleville YMCA Special Needs Camp
- Easter Seals
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Juvenile Diabetes
- Kingston General Hospital - Pediatric ICU
- Kingston Regional Cancer Center (KRCC) Pediatric Oncology Unit
- M. S. Society
- Quinte Access (transportation for those with physical challenges)
- Many Quinte Area families